Monday, May 23, 2011

Lucky

I am a lucky girl.  I have had TWO, not one, but two! going away get togethers thrown by lovely friends.  Fun soirees like this make leaving NYC harder but also make me so thankful for the experience of living here.  I moved to this city almost five years ago without knowing a soul.  And now, seeing all of my beautiful friends' faces toasting ME gives me an incredible warm, proud feeling. 

The first was given by a few of KTW's friends' wives and girlfriends who I can now call my sweet friends as well.  We met at our new West Village favorite, Bar'Rique.  Which, if you haven't yet tried, is a must!  Their food, service, ambiance, and wine does not disappoint.  It was one of the warmest days we had this month so we sat by the open window, it was perfect.  I was even given a book on the California Wine Country which I cannot wait to put to use!

The second was given by a sweet highschool friend that also lives in the City.  She invited around ten girls to meet for drinks and dinner at Peasant in Nolita, and then we moved on to another favorite, Freeman's for more celebratory drinks.  Peasant is a really neat space.  We were seated downstairs in what felt like our own private den.  After a yummy meal, complete with complementary desserts, we had one more round at Freeman's, pictured above.  I loved this little mantle decoration with potted succulents and moss.  I was given another sweet gift at this party, a "I left my heart in New York" tshirt.  I'll be wearing it on the plane ride to CA :)  Lovely Kate also gave me this book, which I'll for sure be putting to use!

I know I'll make friends in San Francisco too, but these girls will be tough to beat.  I need to wrap this up without getting teary so I'll keep it short.  Each of you has made my experience in New York better and more fulfilling than I could have ever hoped for.  I am lucky and proud to call you friends and know that the distance will not keep us from staying in touch.  Please come visit me, I promise wine :)

1 comment:

Maggy said...

How fun, these pictures look so inviting, congrats :)