Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fa La La La La....

My new favorite holiday drink

Rolf's, I really can't explain how decked out this place gets!

I truly love the Christmas song "Baby It's Cold Outside." It's nice to hear a duet this time of year and although the lyrics are a bit provocative for a Christmas carol, it still makes me feel ready for the holidays. This past Sunday, KTW and I went to Rolf's so I could try my first eggnog (yummm, see above) and enjoy the spectacle of lights/ornaments/angels/weird dolls that make up their Christmas decorations. While there, this song came on about 20 times. Clearly, I'm not the only one who enjoys it :)


I really can't stay- But baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - But baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice -I'll hold your hands they're just like ice
My mother will start to worry- Beautiful, what's your hurry?
And father will be pacing the floor- Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful please don't hurry
Well maybe just a half a drink more - Put some records on while I pour
The neighbors might think -Baby it's bad out there
Say what's in this drink - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how -Your eyes are like starlight now
To break this spell - I'll take your hat your hair looks swell
I ought to say no no no sir - Mind if I move in closer
At least I'm going to say that I tried- What's the sense of hurtin my pride
I really can't stay- Baby don't hold out

(guy) -Baby it's cold outside(girl) -ah, but it's cold outside

I simply must go - But, Baby it's cold outside
The answer is no -But, Baby it's cold outside
This welcome has been -How lucky that you dropped in
So nice and warm -Look out the window at that storm
My sister will be suspicious - Gosh your lips look delicious
My brother will be there at the door- Waves upon a tropical shore
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious- Gosh your lips are delicious
Well, maybe just a cigarette more- Never such a blizzard before
I got to get home- But baby you'd freeze out there
Say lend me a comb- It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand- A thrill when you touch my hand
But don't you see- How can you do this thing to me
There's bound to be talk tomorrow- Think of my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied- If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay- Get over that old doubt

(guy) -Baby it's cold outside(girl) -ah, but it's cold outside

No comments: