Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hester Street Fair

This past Saturday, I took a quick trip down to the LES to check out the Hester Street Fair.  As street fairs go in NY, this one is relatively small but what's missing in size was certainly made up for with their quality of vendors, mainly, the food vendors.  Having just had wisdom tooth surgery, I was certainly at a disadvantage and hope to go back soon when I can sample some of the treats I was only able to get photos of this time.

Wrought iron entrance to the street fair.

Ping Pong tournament to win a bike.

Various spices and teas, this booth smelled incredible.

I loved the colors of the cayenne pepper and turmeric in the sun.

Check out that first flavor-that's right, Candied Bacon with Maple Cream Cheese filling, hmmm...I spoke to Simon, one of the friendly co-founders and he says that's Macaron Parlour's best seller. 
I assume it's a good mix of sweet and savory.

What a creative display platter, it made me want to try them all!

Other yummy food vendors at the fair:


No comments: