Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Organizing

Okay, so perhaps my attempt at an "all special events planning" blog was maybe a little too, hmm, what's the word? Overexcited? Carried Away? Although I would like to add fun event ideas to the mix, I'm still hanging onto the idea of "my favorite things." The two can easily be combined, right? So back to it:

I've lived in 5 apartments in my 3 wonderful years in NYC. And no matter what, the common thread between them all has been...you guessed it, TOO SMALL! Each apartment has of course varied some. But in each of them, it has been either the closets, kitchens, bathrooms, windows, etc., that have left me dreaming of wide open spaces. Maybe it's my Nashville roots, or maybe all New Yorkers have this problem...I'm gonna go with a little bit of both.

Anyway, this is where being resourceful (and the nearby Container Store) come in handy. Currently, I am living in an adorable studio with a huge window for lots of light, exposed brick walls, non-working fireplace, hard-wood floors, I could go on but I'll stop bragging. As soon as I saw the place, I said I'd take it. So now, almost 6 months later, I am still loving the place but not getting along so well with the too-small-to-turn-around bathroom or the very limited closet space and the amount of clothes/shoes/stuff I've accumulated up here. I have taken everything out and put everything back in more times than I can count. I've rid myself of sweaters with holes, pants that don't fit, and anything not worn in the last year. But still, I can't come up with a great solution. However, for an organizer like me, this isn't a problem, it's a fun challenge that I am eager to take on.

Even though my current job is not in the creative field, it does allows me some downtime to explore my creative side and organize, organize, organize. Today, I drew out each of my problem areas to hopefully help me when I do my next clean out/organize/straighten up session. Apologies for the notes on one page, floral arrangements and the John Robshaw sample sale have little to do with my closets...












1 comment:

suzanne said...

these drawings are so cute!