Friday, March 4, 2011

Party Time!!!

This weekend marks the beginning of a very special time in my life, and my best friends'.  Two of my favorites girls are getting married, one in April and one in June.  Tonight, I'll fly down to Florida to be with them for the first bachelorette party, to be followed only two weeks later by the second bachelorette party, and then another two weeks later, the first wedding.  I see lots and lots of cocktails in my future!

In addition to all of the celebrating, I can't help but recognize what this means for all of us.  The bachelorette weekends are much more than just throwing back a few bottles of champagne and embarrassing the bride-to-be.  It is a time to pay homage to the days of being silly single girls, (although if I know my friends, we have lots more silly ahead thank God.)

The showers, wedding, and reception are all events to recognize the union that the couple is entering.  But the bachelorette party is a time to celebrate how far we've come as women.  For the first 20-ish years we are single, independent, figuring out ourselves and becoming the person we are meant to be.  This weekend we get to celebrate our friend, who she is, the kind of friend she has been to us, and the special, wonderful person that this dude is going to get for the rest of his life in just a few short weeks.  We love you Emily and cannot wait to celebrate your last single days with you and send you off in style to Mr. Levi!

As I've mentioned before, I'm cooking breakfast for everyone tomorrow and I even have a few DIY projects I'm taking down to decorate for our feast.  Here are some shots below, will be sure to upload images of the final product as well.

Emily got engaged next to the bean sculpture in Chicago,
I painted these smooth rocks silver to resemble the bean.

Then I wrote out our menu on them.

Magenta toes!  I'm going with a blue and silver theme.  I cut lots and lots of fringed streamers.  Since I haven't seen the penthouse we're staying in, I'll have to figure out where to put them tomorrow morning.  But I love them, they remind me of jellyfish, perfect since we'll be at the beach!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thanks for being patient while I got sappy up above. 
I'll try to keep it in check from now on :)

No comments: