Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Playing Tourist

This weekend, I walked down the crooked part of Lombard for the first time.  Having been here a little over two months now, I figured it was time to bite the bullet and risk looking like one of the other million tourists that venture down this street each day.  I never quite understood the appeal of walking down a crooked street.  Now I do.  The homes are so gorgeous, the constantly in bloom hydrangeas that take over the inner curves of the meandering street, the scent from a million different plants growing next to/on/above the houses, the steepness of the stairs that guide you along the edges away from the cars, it is truly an engaging experience.  Here are some quick shots I took.  Isn't the bougainvillea incredible?  It grows on many of the homes here.  I love the bright shades of purple and pink that it comes in and how full and overgrown it looks.


1 comment:

Jolly said...

You have a great eye. and voice. Hope you take this blog more .. not seriously ... but yet, write more and update info..... IYou've lived everywhere so now you have something to say....