Monday, January 25, 2010

Born to Run

I've recently been convinced I should start running again.  And although this has been on the back of my mind for quite some time, I continue to make excuses not to do it.  However, if all goes as planned, tomorrow morning I'm going to bite the bullet and just do it (how'd you like that sports reference?  see what I did there...yes I make bad jokes, often.)

Anyway, my plan could definitely be derailed by a few things, mainly, how late I get in tonight (we got free tix to the Rangers vs. Penguins game!)  Or maybe my snooze button working too well, my running clothes are "at the cleaners," my shoes fit funny, the fact that I'm taking up a sport in the middle of cold January in NYC, etc.  However, I'm betting if I had a pair of these bad boys (see above), I wouldn't make so many excuses.  I am not, have ever been, or will ever be a jock.  I've tried just about every sport offered to me but my reasons for doing so were not entirely honorable.  I wanted the uniform!  For me, as long as I can remember, if I have the gear, it doesn't matter how well I play.
* It should be noted that tennis is the only exception to this rule I've found.

So tomorrow morning, when I'm strapping up the laces to my 3 yr old lowly Asics, I'll motivate myself with this plan:  If I can keep this up for a month, maybe I'll get the Mizunos I've always wanted to try (pictured above) and these cute matching shorts from Nike.  Wish me luck, for fashion's sake of course...

No comments: