Thursday, January 28, 2010

Let There Be Light

There are so many spectacular things you can do with lighting to really make your event shine.  I've seen some beautiful examples of how deep shades of purple, bright reds, crisp blues, etc. can really transform a room.  However, my favorite is a clean, soft, white light.  It can really make the other colors you're using pop and, if done the right way, can cast a lovely glow on your guests.  Here are some of my favorites (okay, a lot of my favorites) from TheKnot.com.

Strung lights twinkle, are relatively inexpensive, and allow your guests to imagine they are sitting under the stars.





Globe lights are fun and somewhat whimsical.  One of these reminds me of dining under lots of big white moons.  Can you guess which one?



Candles, who doesn't look good in candlelight, so natural.








And finally, chandeliers, so lovely...


No comments: