Monday, March 22, 2010

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

It's no secret that Pioneer Woman's blog is one of my favorites.  One reason is her adorable bassett hound, Charlie.  She confesses things about Charlie that many pet owners might be too embarassed to share.  For instance, his paws smell like Fritos.  As soon as I read this, I knew exactly what she meant.  Years ago, my parents bought a lakehouse just outside of Nashville.  We acquired a stray basset hound while out there one weekend and he immediately became a part of our already dog-filled house.  We named him Cowboy and he was beautiful, a real looker as you'll see below.  His paws smelled like Cheerios, it's a bassett hound thing I guess.  And it is truly a wonderful thing.  Get yourself a bassett hound and tell me their big, beautiful, puffy paws don't smell.  I dare you.

Cowboy, surely gazing into the sun considerring the theory of relativity.  Or maybe tracking a squirrel.

5 comments:

suzanne said...

I didn't know basset hounds could run until we met Cowboy--he was fast!

Katelyn said...

Theory of relativity is my bet!

Lauren said...

I forgot how fast he was-he flew! Those big floppy ears acted like wings :)

Erica Cook said...

It's funny, I know what you mean. Not necessarily about basset hounds but all three of my girls (my dogs) have their own distinct little smell too. Very endearing. :)

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) said...

My dachshund's feet smell like tortilla chips! I just love it.