Friday, March 26, 2010

Homes on Film

Earlier this week, I fell in love with the attractive and creative couple behind Emersonmade.  If you haven't heard of them, please check them out.  But warning, you will be jealous...

Originally I wanted to write more about them. I would express my desire to follow in their path and move out of the city into an old farmhouse and create a "simple" life.  I realized as I wrote, that this certainly is not a foreign concept.  One of my all-time favorite movies, Baby Boom is almost the same story.  Except instead of a young couple moving to the country, it's Diane Keaton who takes responsibility for her sister's child after her death, quickly realizes that the NY corporate world is not the place for her new family, moves them to an old house in Vermont in their classic Jeep Wagoneer, starts making applesauce, meets a handsome veterinarian, starts selling her applesauce to all the top chains, and lives happily ever after with the veterinarian (oops, I think I should have said spoiler alert, my bad.)

Anyway, the Vermont house is adorable and while looking for images, I stumpled upon Hooked on Houses.  Um, for real?  Favorite new site, hands down.  Here's why:

1) Baby Boom house in Hadleyville, VT and an image of the town.  Check out that Wagoneer!

2) Family Stone house in Greenwich, CT

3) Father of the Bride house in Pasadena, CA, also who can forget that nursery

4) Ferris Bueller's Day Off shot in Long Beach, CA as a Chicago home.


5) Home Alone house in Winnetka, IL.

6) Stepmom house exteriors shot in Nyack, NY.  I'll take that Land Rover too please.

7) Marley and Me house in PA.  You can keep the Subaru.

8) Practical Magic house shot on San Juan Island, WA as a home in New England.  Awesome kitchen and perfect pergola.
 

2 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Aren't they cutest couple. I've been following Emersonmade for a while now and during Christmas time I had a give-away with them and they were so sweet. They even sent me a lovely little gift that I know rock on my jacket!

Lauren said...

Wow, attractive, creative, and generous too!