Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Headed Out West

In two days, I'll be travelling out to visit KTW in Palo Alto where he's currently working for three months.  I've been so excited for this trip, not only to see him, but also to visit such a beautiful state (and get out of the snow!)  I really fell in love with San Francisco a few years back and hope we'll be able to spend a little time there.  We also have plans to drive down Highway 1 to see Big Sur, Carmel, and Monterey, which I've never seen.  Clearly I'm big on planning so I've been googling restaurants, places to see, etc. but definitely prefer to find places more by word of mouth.  Any tips?  They'd be much appreciated :) 

Here are my ideas so far:

Obviously...

Cannot wait for this!

Entrance to the boutique hotel that we'll stay at for one night in Monterey.

Downtown Palo Alto reminds me of downtown Franklin, TN, looking forward to checking out the shops.

Have been told lunch high on the hills, above the fog at Post Ranch Inn 
makes you feel like you're floating, sounds like a must to me!

Presido Social Club in SF has also been recommended.  Love the interior and menu sounds delish.

And finally, I hope we'll be able to do a little of this...

 and depending on how things go, hopefully not this...

Fingers crossed this Nor'Easter doesn't mess up our fun plans!

No comments: