Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Inspiration Board

For about a year now, I've been ripping pages out of magazines.  Recipes and images of decorating tips, parties I want to recreate, and clothes I'm pining over have all been piling up because I didn't know what to do with them, I just knew I had to keep them.  Finally, I bit the bullet last weekend and bought a cork board and some tacks and went to work.  Why keep them in a box in my closet?  If these are images that I currently have some sort of response to, they need to be up, I need to see them, they need to inspire me.  The main thing I realized once I pulled it all together is how much color inspires me.  Take a look, I love how bright and vibrant this came out.

Getting started...I had to discard a lot and just keep my very favorite images. 
The recipes have been set aside for a "cookbook binder."

These were strategically placed to blend with the colors that were in the pictures.

Final outcome, it hasn't been hung yet so this isn't the best picture but it gives
you an idea of what I'm going for.  My plan is to continue to add and take away as I see fit. 
Hopefully this will keep my studio apartment a very creative one!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

A couple of years ago I made an inspiration board. But now it's time to make a new one because I just accomplished a few of the major goals on there! It was such a good feeling :-) Thanks for the inspiration board inspiration!