Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another Two in One

Today is super rainy and gloomy.  And after a weekend of almost spring-like temperatures, the return of the cold is certainly not welcome!  Even though I knew it was coming (I check the 10day forecast like it's my job,) I was still hoping for a miracle; that Ole Phil was wrong and that we were experiencing that first wonderful spring weekend when New Yorkers literally come out of the woodwork and flourish until Memorial Day when everyone hightails it out of here every Friday at 6pm.

Unfortunately, that's not the case and it looks like winter's here for a few more weeks.  In the spirit of my super high hopes for spring and expected disappointment of the return of winter, I'm going to feature an event space that works well in both situations.  Snow and sun.  Rain or shine.  Frigid or Mild.  Boots or Sandals, okay, okay you get it.

The Gramercy Park Hotel is one of my favorite spots in the city.  Recently, legendary hotelier Ian Schrager worked his magic and turned this well-known spot into part modern art museum/part luxury hotel/part incredible nightlife location.  With works by Andy Warhol, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Damien Hirst, Richard Prince, Keith Haring, and Julian Schnabel, this is one destination not to be missed.  It also has some amazing spaces for events. 

My 2nd favorite thing in this post is Polyvore.  How is it that I just now know about this?  Today I've created outfits using Polyvore that would be appropriate for the following occasions at the hotel.  Can't you imagine a surprise birthday party in this room? I'd be looking up at those light bulbs all night!


Birthday Drinks

Items in this set:
Arita jersey mini dress, $325, Diane Von Furstenburg
Lady Claude 120 pumps, $775, Christian Louboutin


Their outdoor rooftop garden is spectacular as well.  Lovely for an afternoon brunch with friends, a bridal shower, or even just an after work cocktail.




Almost Summer


Items in this set:
Mysie Top, $135, Calypso

Hotel images here.

No comments: