Friday, April 30, 2010

A Very Very Late Post

A few weeks ago we were treated to a beautiful Easter brunch by KTW's family.  Our contribution was this cheesy, spinach strata.  Twas awesome.  And the aroma teased us and our cab driver the whole way.  I love a dish you can make the night before and then pop in the oven the next morning when you're ready.  With this one, the longer you let it marinade, the better.  It was all kinds of good and we were sad not to have leftovers to bring home.


After brunch, we sat outside at the Standard Hotel's Beer Garden and put back a few with some friends.  Easter was beautiful here and we were lucky to spend so much of it outside.

When I thought the day couldn't get any better, KTW suggested Dovetail on the UWS for dinner.  It was everything I had imagined.  Each part of our meal was fantastic and they treated us at the end with these sweet egg shaped cookies.  I've made up my mind, that will not be the last time I eat at Dovetail.  And hopefully, this will not be my last lovely Easter Sunday in beautiful NYC.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Is that a Prairie Woman recipe? It looks so good...