Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mini-Treats

A couple months ago, KTW and I went to a super yummy dinner with friends at The Lion.  Our meal was great and celeb-sightings were in full effect = awesome summer night.

The table shared two desserts, the Granny Smith Apple Beignets, and their Cheesecake in a Jar. Serving the dessert in a little jar was such a cute presentation and it also helped us with our portion control! Soon after, I started seeing this idea repeated.  It also reminded me of something special my mother did one year for my birthday.

Growing up, I was never a big fan of cake (my, how things change!)  So each year, my mom would make brownies, cookies, etc.  On my 16th birthday, she did chocolate mousse with whipped cream in wine glasses.  Something about getting our own individual servings made it feel that much more special.


The Lion's Cheesecake in a Jar

Pumpkin Pie in a Jar, Thanksgiving ideas anyone?? Love the orange ric-rac too.
Apple and Cherry Pie in a Jar.  Don't these make great wedding favors to take home?

1 comment:

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I love these "in the jar" ideas- so cute and little..and i bet yummy! :)

Thanks for the comment on my guest post at Perfectly Put Together!