Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sausalito Sweetness

Last week one of my favorite bloggers, Helena at A Diary of Lovely posted this adorable and well-designed home in Sausalito, CA.  When I was in college, I visited a friend who lived in Sausalito and instantly fell in love.  I loved the way the hillside looked with hundreds of interesting looking apartments and homes tucked in close together.  It really felt like a fun community and is on my top five for places I'd like to live someday.  If I did, this house would work just fine for me considering I'm used to the tiniest studio in Manhattan!  Check out the kitchen and all of the other images on Helena's fabulous blog here.

A cute front porch with bright red planters welcome guests. 
Right away you feel like this is a comfy, casual home to relax in.
Neutral floors, glass paned cabinets and light gray walls really keep the entrance light
and open and allow colors to really punch!  You also get a sneak peek of the plush bed in the next room.
Looking the other direction.  The curtains go all the way to the ceiling and make it appear higher.
Wow, this color reminds me of the ocean in Mexico.
Gravel and wooden steps meander down to a spot for outdoor entertaining.  I would use this space ALL THE TIME!  Wouldn't it look great lit up with white christmas lights?!